It works or we fix it free.™
We don't make that promise lightly. We know that behind every Zippo Windproof Lighter sent for repair is an owner depending on our promise to get it back in working order. Whether a Windproof Lighter is 5 years, 25 years, or 50 years old, it will serve as a dependable source of flame for years to come - we guarantee it!
Before sending your Windproof Lighter; perhaps the following will help:
(select your language and product)
Check the Windproof Lighter instructions on routine maintenance (wick, flint, and lighter fluid.)
Use Genuine Zippo Fuel, Wicks, & Flints
If you find your Zippo Windproof Lighter still does not function properly, please follow the repair steps below:
Please do not attempt to perform repairs yourself as it could damage the lighter beyond repair.
The lighter finish is not covered under our guarantee.
1. DO NOT Mail Your Windproof Lighter
- Use a courier or hand it in to your nearest tobacconist/Zippo stockist
2. Preparing To Ship By Courier:
- Click here to complete and print the repair form.
- Remove the inside lighting mechanism (the insert) from the Zippo lighter case.
- Allow all lighter fluid to evaporate for two days.
- Replace inside unit in lighter case.
*Note: Lighter inside units are not repaired. Normal repair procedure is to replace the original inside unit with a brand new inside unit. The original will not be returned unless stated on the repair form.
If you are unable to send the lighter insert with your lighter case, a lighter insert is not automatically installed. Please specify this on the repair form and a brand new inside unit will be installed.
3. Packaging Your Zippo Windproof Lighter:
We cannot track or prevent damage to multiple items sent for repair.
- Package completed repair form along with your Zippo lighter in a sturdy box or padded envelope.
4. Send It:
Send your package to the Zippo Repair Clinic:
Eastport Logistics Park
Cnr R21 expressway & R25
Witfontein Ext 86
For Customers outside the South Africa:
You are important to us! That is why we have exclusive representatives in almost every country. Do not send your windproof lighter to S.A. Please go to your country's Zippo website or contact your nearest Zippo distributor. Need help? Use our International Distributor List.
Questions? Click Here.